YOUTH RED CROSS
Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its parent
organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the
initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the
colleges. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is
called the programmer officer under his guidance, the students are
trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing
their own office-bearers.
• To create an awareness on the care of their own health and of others.
• To understand and to accept of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfill the same.
To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense
of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
• To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
PRINCIPLES• Protection of health and life.
• Service to the sick and suffering.
• Promotion of National and International friendship.
• To develop the mental and moral capacities of the Youth.
JUNIOR RED CROSS
and adolescent also represent a substantial part of the membership of
Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a
significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable
people within their local communities through Red Cross programme. This
has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the
movement and its activities not only as workers but also as
beneficiaries, and as partners in management. The programme focuses on
the following areas:
• Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
• Encourage community service through training and education
Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red
Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
• Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit
• Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources
youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership
as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.